- 14 oz. to 17 oz. of raw shrimps.
- 3/4 cup lime juice.
- 1/2 peel and seedless cucumber.
- 2 to 4 chopped serrano peppers.
- 1/2 cup coriander.
- 1/2 sliced purple onion.
- El Chilerito Hot Spicy Sauce to taste.
- Corn tostadas to serve.
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- Peel and clean the shrimps, remove their heads and black strips if needed. Cut them along to create a butterfly cut or you could cut them completely.
- Peel the cucumber, cut it in half, remove the seeds and cut it in half moons.
- Blend lime juice, serrano peppers, coriander, salt and pepper. If you don´t like it too spicy you could remove the seeds from the serrano pepper before blending it, if you prefer it spicier leave the seeds and add more serrano pepper.
- Place the shrimps in a bowl or a plate, cover them with lime and serrano pepper, mix and let it sit for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Afterwards, take the bowl out of the fridge, add cucumber and purple onion to the mix and stir.
- Add, on top, El Chilerito Hot Spicy Sauce.
- Season to taste (if needed) and serve with tostadas.
- Note: The lime juice acts as a disinfectant for the shrimps, but if you are afraid of eating raw ahrimps, you could cook them first and then make this recipe as explained.